For a nutritious and well-balanced diet, keep these tips in mind:
- Variety is key. Vegetables, fruits, whole-grains, and proteins should always be included in a well-balanced diet.
- Lean meats like fish and poultry are a healthier choice.
- Dairy products are good to include but reach for the low-fat products.
- Drink eight 8-ounce glasses (2 liters or half a gallon) of water each day.
- Sugar, salt, alcohol, trans and saturated fats should be limited.
Nutrients and energy come from healthy foods. Your well-balanced diet should include proteins, carbohydrates, fats, vitamins, minerals, and water.
The information AGH supplies on this website should not be used as a substitute to your regular physician’s medical advice. Your research from this website should not be used as a medical diagnosis. Consult your regular physician for diagnoses and treatments. The information found on this website is for educational purposes only. A formal consultation with a surgeon or doctor is needed before pursuing surgical procedures or medical treatments. Individual results may vary.